BuildSys 2014 Demo Session is a great forum to share your experience and showcase your work to the broader audience. Demo abstracts should describe both the technology being showcased as well as how it would be demonstrated to people.
Topics of Interest
We are particularly interested in, but not limited to, contributions related to the following topics:
Monitor, Control, and Visualization:
- Monitor, control, and visualize alternative energy sources to improve production efficacy;
- Monitor and actuate appliances in residential and commercial settings (e.g., HVAC, Data Center);
- Sensor systems for NILM, and identification of appliances (e.g. signature detection);
Model, Prediction, and Simulation:
- Model and predict energy expenditure and production (e.g., Solar, Wind, Geo-thermal);
- Model and simulate energy usage in different settings and use that for Demand Response;
- Model and simulate heating, cooling, lighting, ventilation, water usage, and other energy flows in buildings and surrounding spaces using real data from sensors and integrating with energy simulation tools (e.g., Energy Plus and TrnSys);
Tool, Testbed, and System Integration:
- Integrate sensor based systems to improve grid operation and distribution (e.g., electricity, gas);
- Emerging communication standards, and experiences of their deployments, for data collection from smart meters, appliances, devices, and HVAC systems;
- Leveraging sensing systems, social networking, mobile phones, and other methods for behavioral modifications towards a more parsimonious usage of electricity, gas, heating, water, etc.;
- Demo submission deadline (extended) : September 1, 2014 11:59 p.m. PDT (UTC – 7 hours)
- Notification of Demo Acceptance: September 5, 2014
- Camera Ready Due: September 12, 2014
- Conference and Demo session date: November 5-6, 2014
Submission and Abstract Formatting Instructions
Demo abstracts have a two page limit. Complete author information such as names, affiliations, and e-mails should be included with each demo submission. The title of the submission should start with “Demo Abstract:”. Demo Abstracts will appear in the conference proceedings, and hence must conform to the submission guidelines. In addition to the two page demo abstract, the submission should include information describing the logistical needs for the demonstration (table, power, connectivity, special needs), and a script of how the demonstration will be conducted to convey the technology and ideas to the audience. This extra page will not appear in the proceedings. In case of any questions, please directly contact the BuildSys demo chair (Rahul Mangharam).
Word and LaTeX templates are available here. Please note that you must use the “Strict Adherence to SIGS style” template option. Please do not modify any spacing parameters.
Submit your Demo abstracts via the BuildSys Demo submission site : http://188.8.131.52/demos/