BuildSys 2014 Poster Session is a great forum to share your early stage work to the broader audience by means of posters presented during an exciting joint demo and poster session. Poster abstracts should describe the problem being solved by your work, highlight the new ideas, and present initial results.
Topics of Interest
We are particularly interested in, but not limited to, contributions related to the following topics:
- Sensing, actuation and management of electrical loads in residential, commercial and industrial settings
- Novel sensor methodologies, sensor networks and applications that enhance building energy efficiency, energy reliability, durability and occupant comfort
- Systems that integrate buildings with the emerging smart grid to provide demand response and ancillary services and/or manage utility costs
- Modeling, simulation, optimization, and control of heating, cooling, lighting, ventilation, water usage and other energy flows in buildings, campuses and surrounding spaces
- Distributed generation, alternative energy, renewable sources, and energy storage in buildings
- Emerging communication standards for data collection, energy control, or interoperation of disparate devices or systems
- Systems that can influence building occupant behavior towards a more parsimonious usage of electricity, gas, heating, water, etc.
- Indoor location and building-related contextual computing for increased human-building interactions
- Poster abstract submission deadline: September 1, 2014 11:59 p.m. PDT (UTC – 7 hours)
- Notification of Poster Acceptance: September 12, 2014
- Camera Ready Due: September 19, 2014
- Conference date: November 5-6, 2014 (Poster session will be on November 5 late afternoon)
Submission and Abstract Formatting Instructions
Poster abstracts have a two page limit. Complete author information such as names, affiliations, and e-mails should be included with each submission. The title of the submission should start with “Poster Abstract:”. Poster Abstracts will appear in the conference proceedings, and hence must conform to the submission guidelines. In case of any questions, please directly contact the BuildSys demo and poster chair (Rahul Mangharam).
Word and LaTeX templates are available here. Please note that you must use the “Strict Adherence to SIGS style” template option. Please do not modify any spacing parameters.
Submit your Poster abstracts via the BuildSys Poster submission site : http://18.104.22.168/posters/