BuildSys 2015 Poster Session is a great forum to share your early stage work to the broader audience by means of posters presented during an exciting joint demo and poster session. Poster abstracts should describe the problem being solved by your work, highlight the new ideas, and present initial results.
Topics of Interest
We are particularly interested in, but not limited to, contributions related to the following topics:
- Sensing, actuation and management of electrical loads in residential, commercial and industrial settings;
- Novel sensor methodologies, sensor networks and applications that enhance energy efficiency, energy reliability, durability and occupant comfort;
- Systems that integrate infrastructure with the emerging smart grid to provide demand response and ancillary services and/or manage utility costs;
- Modeling, simulation, optimization, and control of heating, cooling, lighting, ventilation, water usage and other energy flows in built environments;
- Distributed generation, alternative energy, renewable sources, and energy storage in buildings;
- Emerging communication standards for data collection, energy control, or interoperation of disparate devices or systems;
- Systems that can influence occupant behavior towards a more parsimonious usage of electricity, gas, heating, water, etc.;
- Localization and contextual computing for increased human-infrastructure interactions
- Software architectures and middleware to aid in programming smart built environments and smart cities.
- Safety, Security and Privacy issues and mechanisms to address them in the context of a sensed and actuated built environments.
- Intercoupling and interdependencies of systems-of-systems.
Abstract submissions should be no more than 2 pages and must follow a double column format. All figures, appendices, and references must fit within this limit. Paper reviewing is single-blind and submissions should list author names on the front page.
The title of the submission should start with “Poster Abstract:”. Poster Abstracts will appear in the conference proceedings, and hence must conform to the submission guidelines.
The title of the submission should start with “Demo Abstract:”. Demo Abstracts will appear in the conference proceedings, and hence must conform to the submission guidelines. In addition to the two page demo abstract, the submission should include information describing the logistical needs for the demonstration (table, power, connectivity, special needs), and a script of how the demonstration will be conducted to convey the technology and ideas to the audience. This extra page will not appear in the proceedings.
Paper Formatting Instructions
Your submission must be in PDF format with all fonts embedded, and be formatted according to the official ACM Proceedings format. Papers that do not meet the size and formatting requirements will not be reviewed. Word and LaTeX templates are available here. Please note that you must use the “Strict Adherence to SIGS style” template option.
- Poster AND Demo abstract submission deadline: September 20, 2015 Midnight PST - early high quality submissions may be accepted prior to the deadline to facilitate camera ready.
- Notification of acceptance: September 21, 2015
- Camera ready: September 22, 2015
- BuildSys conference: November 4-5, 2015
Seoul, South Korea | co-located with ACM SenSys 2015