The camera-ready deadline for your BuildSys paper is Friday Sept 27, 11:59pm EDT.
For the paper to appear at the conference, all papers, posters, and demos must have at least one co-author registered at the full (non-student) rate for the conference by the camera-ready deadline. Please register at:
Please be careful to follow ALL formatting and copyright instructions below to be sure your paper is submitted by the deadline and included in the proceedings. The copyright process (item #5) has changed from previous years and requires immediate action from you.
0. Full papers are allocated 8 pages and poster papers are allocated 2 pages in the proceedings.
1. When preparing the camera ready manuscript, please use the ACM style files found here: http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates
2. For latex, please use Option 2: LaTeX2e – Tighter Alternate style.
3. You should apply ACM Computing Classification categories and terms to your paper in the space provided for this indexing. You can find the Computing Classification Scheme at: http://www.acm.org/about/class/1998
4. You must use Type 1 fonts (scalable), not Type 3 (bit-mapped). All fonts MUST be embedded within the PDF file. Any PDF that does not have fonts embedded will need to be corrected. Papers must be no more than 8 pages, and poster/demo abstracts must be no more than 2 pages, not including the additional material required at submission time. In order to help you through this process, see the following document: http://www.acm.org/publications/WORD%20to%20PDF%20instructions.txt. You may also download the ACM Digital Library optimal distiller settings file, ACM.joboptions (http://www.acm.org/publications/ACM.joboptions).
5. The rights management statement and bibliographic information should appear on the bottom of the first page, left column. The ACM is offering authors multiple copyright transfer options this year, so you must choose a copyright option and fill out the ACM Rights Management form before they can give you the copyright text for the bottom left corner of the first page. You will shortly receive an email from the ACM that explains how to submit the copyright forms. Once you submit the copyright forms, you will receive an email with the appropriate text for the bottom left column of the first page. Please complete the forms ASAP so that you will have your copyright text before the manuscript deadline. The rights management emails are sent from an automated system, so there is a chance that emails sent will wind up in SPAM folders. Please make sure that you set email SPAM settings to allow emails from “[email protected]“. Note that the email will be sent to the first author listed as “contact author.” So if you do not receive the email, check with all of your co-authors.*** IMPORTANT: The information sent from ACM should appear exactly in the bottom of the first page, left column. If you have problems figuring out exactly how to make this happen using the latex template, please email [email protected] for help. ***
6. For authors of demo and poster abstracts, please be sure the camera ready abstract title contains “Demo Abstract:” or “Poster Abstract:”. For example, if you are presenting a demo, the title should be:
Demo Abstract: This is the title of the demo
7. Please name your paper using “firstauthorlastname.pdf”. You should submit your file in PDF format to the paper submissions site:
Paper site: https://buildsys13.cs.umass.edu/buildsys13/paper/<YOURPAPERNUMBER>
Click the “Edit” tab at the top and upload via this page.
You can login using the URL below:
8. Please login to the system and ensure that all title, author names, and affiliations are entered into the system and written as you want them to appear in the Table of Contents and the conference Web page. The title, names, and affiliations will be used to automatically generate this content. Please DO NOT include city/country in the affiliations.
If you have any questions, please contact Wendi Heinzelman at [email protected].